Sunday 25 September 2016

Rutland Marathon



S


Last weekend, Grantham Running Club's Chris Limmer ran the scenic Rutland Marathon at Rutland Water. Encouraged by last year's beatable winning time, Chris was aiming for a good finish position and approached the race confidently. Taking the lead for the first 18 miles, he failed to shake-off the chasing pack before his lack of endurance training took its toll. Chris said: "The first 13 are deceptively quick and the peninsular was tough, especially after 16 miles of running.  I pushed on at this point but by the 18mile water station I lost the lead and my race went downhill from there. I ambled my way around the final 8 or so miles greedily gulping water at any water station just to keep me in one piece. I found a bit for the final couple of miles crossing the line in 5th in 3:11:55 (1:25 first half and 1:47 second half)".

Photo: Chris Limmer




No comments:

Post a Comment