Sunday 9 April 2017

Brighton Marathon

Liam Vincent
cooling down
On 9th April, 12,000 runners took to the streets of Brighton in East Sussex for the city's eighth annual marathon, which saw an undulating course of loops in, out and around the towncentre taking in local landmarks and a beach front finish. Grantham Running Club member Liam Vincent made his marathon debut, fundraising for the charity Diabetes UK at the event, which due to unseasonably hot weather presented an added challenge for participants. Liam was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 3 years ago but continues to run as part of his management of the condition and has, through training with the local club, increased his capacity to achieve this personal milestone. "Because exercise and hot weather can have an adverse effect on maintaining good blood sugar control whilst running, I initially opted to concentrate on being able to finishthe 26 miles in 4 ½ to 5 hours. But as I felt good during the run I managed to make my way through the field and was delighted with a finish time of 4 hours 8 minutes. Knowing that I was raising money and awareness for the charity, plusthe fantastic support of the spectators with their endless encouragement meant that I really enjoyed the challenge. I'm continuing to train, as of course I now want to finish in under 4 hours!"


Position Time      Name
Category
Grading







2848 4:08:28      Liam Vincent
MV40
53.26%

No comments:

Post a Comment