Sunday 24 April 2016

Shakespeare marathon



S

GRC's Gav Meadows made the trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon on Sunday to compete in the Shakespeare Marathon. The annual charity race takes in the historic town &
the surrounding countryside & whilst mostly flat, does have a couple of testing hills & some trail sections for runners to contend with. Gav completed the course in a very respectable 3:12:19 finishing 37th in a field of 700.

He said 'The race presented some tough challenges - namely the hills &
particularly the very long, straight trail sections. These were a real mental
test with very little to focus on other than the runner in front for what felt
like miles on end! I was pretty pleased to cross the line 5 minutes outside my
PB.'

This was Gav's 3rd marathon in as many months as he embarks on the challenge of
running a marathon in each calendar month for 12 months. He said 'If I make it
as far as month 10, I plan to start raising money for Sport Relief. I don't want
to get ahead of myself though - I must take this challenge one race at a time.'

No comments:

Post a Comment