Tuesday 28 May 2019

The Nottingham 5k Summer Series - Race 1

Tommy used rhythmic breathing technique
GRC veteran runner Tommy Napier joined 70 others for round 1 of the The Nottingham 5k Summer Series and was rewarded with a prize! Afterwards Tommy said "Just bagged myself a first ever prize for having a bit of fun in winning my age category in a time 24.30..thereabouts. Not a particularly flat course which is two laps clockwise around the lake. A mixture of tarmac and tracks. Extremely friendly crowd and very chatty and supportive. Looking forward to my next three races here. I set my goal to average a sub 24 mins series.Running basically with a stop watch and controlling the pace by rhythmic breathing technique. My halfway split was 11mins 15 secs...So obviously work in progress. But things can only get better when there is more veno to be won. Thanks to my sponge lady Debs for her continued support.
Round 2 takes place on 26th June and is £12 for entry on the day, this race does not have a UKA road license and will not appear on Power of Ten as a PB

No comments:

Post a Comment