Sunday 1 October 2017

Pontefract Half Marathon

Hayley and Chris with a sprint finish
3992:11:53


Hayley Staff
FV35PB





4002:11:54


Christopher Toon
MV45









Hayley commented after the race "I went to Pontefract, which is near where I'm from and ran to raise money for the Prince of Wales Hospice as they supported family members in their last months. I knew it was hilly, and hoped to come in around 2.30hrs given the route and being new to running.

Didn't expect to beat Robin Hood, as Pontefract was a much hillier route out into the countryside and with a field of only 700 there was miles of no support. When we did get support it was brilliant and so emotional as nearly everyone was local.Chris Toon signed up to run with me and help me get round. He was amazing! Didn't let me walk at all and there were are few choice words. He could have knocked 20 minutes off his time I'm sure. We crossed the finish line around 2.11:53! I was absolutely over the moon. It was hard but I loved every minute running the roads I left 20 years ago. I raised nearly £400 too.It was very emotional! It was ace!!!

It was the first half marathon for the hospice and one I would definitely recommend. I've booked me and Chris in for next year.

I joined the 10w to 10k after one park run and my aim was to run 10k. My aim now is a marathon :-)"
 






























No comments:

Post a Comment